Today I’m speaking with Annette Stepanian, a lawyer for entrepreneurs and creatives. The topics we’re talking about aren’t sexy or flashy, but they are absolutely essential for business owners to think about NOW, before something happens. This is about protecting you, and your business, and about how to be smart as you grow. Have no worries, Annette is breaking it all down on this episode of The Mind Your Business Podcast!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- As business owners, we have a responsibility to proactive when it comes to legal issues
- The first steps you should take (and some common mistakes made by entrepreneurs)
- There are special considerations for online businesses versus brick and mortar ones
- Your biggest asset is your content – protect it and don’t infringe on content belonging to others!
- Which actions you can take if someone has stolen your intellectual property, and the mindset I have around this issue
- Why a contract is a necessity, especially for entrepreneurs with service-based companies
- Independent contractor or employee? Classifying wrong can be an expensive mistake…
- The decision on becoming an LLC is a personal one that you don’t need to rush!